Hi All,
First time poster so please be patient with me.
A couple of weeks ago i was given an old coffee table which i believe t be oregon.
I really like it and want to restore it. I have been sanding it to remove the old varnish. I have a few questions if i could.
Can anyone tell me what sort of varnish is on it.
How do i remove the varnish in the intricate bits, can i use some sort of stripper, if yes what kind. I have been using my trusty little Ozito triangle shape sander and going through heaps of sanding sheets. I will not be able to get to some of the intricate bits with this.
What is the best way to finish this, stain or some sort of clear.
Since these photos i have remove the top and this has made things a bit easier.
Really sorry for these basic questions, i have very little experience with wood work though do enjoy it (apart from the mess it creates and the freakin sanding) and really like this table and want to do the best jobe i can.
Thanks an advance Rudy
Now i have to figure out how to read any responses:no:
First time poster so please be patient with me.
A couple of weeks ago i was given an old coffee table which i believe t be oregon.
I really like it and want to restore it. I have been sanding it to remove the old varnish. I have a few questions if i could.
Can anyone tell me what sort of varnish is on it.
How do i remove the varnish in the intricate bits, can i use some sort of stripper, if yes what kind. I have been using my trusty little Ozito triangle shape sander and going through heaps of sanding sheets. I will not be able to get to some of the intricate bits with this.
What is the best way to finish this, stain or some sort of clear.
Since these photos i have remove the top and this has made things a bit easier.
Really sorry for these basic questions, i have very little experience with wood work though do enjoy it (apart from the mess it creates and the freakin sanding) and really like this table and want to do the best jobe i can.
Thanks an advance Rudy
Now i have to figure out how to read any responses:no:
0 commentaires:
Enregistrer un commentaire