Newcastle Furnace Material Suppliers

dimanche 14 septembre 2014

I'm just starting my furnace build.

Plan is castable 1600ºC hot face, kaowool insulation backing, waste oil burning (the brute style design).



Hopefully someone else local finds this helpful

I spent quite a while trying to find suppliers without much success until a business referred me on to:



Beroa

303/1B George St

Mayfield NSW

(02) 4960 0441



I wandered in, and they are clearly set up for big jobs for industry, but they were extremely helpful. Michael assisted me and knew exactly what I needed.



$50 even for a 25kg bag of Duracast 1600AR ($83 at Field Furnace Refractories).

They also sell Kaowool, at about $100 for a roll of 50x610x3660 or 25x610x7320. I won't need nearly that much, so they advised me to pop in in a week or so, when they've finished a job, and they'll likely have some offcuts that I can buy. :2tsup:



I was contemplating freight from Sydney for this stuff, so it was a great find.



Now I just need to find a decent furnace shell.




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor