Different welding processes compared for heat input

dimanche 21 septembre 2014

One thing that I have wondered about is how you can compare the different welding processes..



In the past I have come across people telling me how crap MIG is for penetration and strong welds.... Their basis for this statement was when they had fans in a crushing plant fabricated, but they kept exploding in use... the welds were coming apart... It was mig welded...



I have been doing a bit of heavier welding using 7018 rods and about 170 amps.... It runs a nice bead, seems to penetrate well...



I grab my 240V 250amp MIG.. Crank it right up with 0.9mm wire and it simply does not seem to put the same heat into the weld that the stick does...



So what would be a comparable MIG sized machined compared to a stick machine, to get the same amount of heat input into the weld and penetration.. I realize MIG has a lot more variables to choose from...



I would like to get a mig comparable to what say a 300 amp stick welder can do...




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor