Tadafusa 17cm Santoku, new. Blue steel core, stainless cladding. 'Nashi pear skin' finish; pakka wood ferrule; Magnolia handle. Comes with presentation box.
This is an ideal general purpose knife for someone who wants to discover the wonders of traditional Japanese laminated blades. The blue steel is about HRC 62 and will keep an edge for ages. The stainless cladding supports the core reducing edge chipping due to shocks and of course is highly rust resistant.
I ended up with this due to poor research; my Gyuto is close in blade dimensions and I don't need another knife like it. While the price is low this ticks all the boxes of a quality knife costing a great deal more. If you've only ever used Western knives this will be a revelation in cutting performance and edge life.
This is an ideal general purpose knife for someone who wants to discover the wonders of traditional Japanese laminated blades. The blue steel is about HRC 62 and will keep an edge for ages. The stainless cladding supports the core reducing edge chipping due to shocks and of course is highly rust resistant.
I ended up with this due to poor research; my Gyuto is close in blade dimensions and I don't need another knife like it. While the price is low this ticks all the boxes of a quality knife costing a great deal more. If you've only ever used Western knives this will be a revelation in cutting performance and edge life.
0 commentaires:
Enregistrer un commentaire