Older style Angled Parting tool holder ?

dimanche 30 mars 2014

Hi , a general question here ,I have been out of the trade for quite some time now, My 20 yr old lathe is a bit worn ,but ok for non critical work :) My question is I am after one of the older style parting tool holders which were angled similar to the attached picture, they used to take a high tensile holder with a carbide tip braised on , the main advantage is that under load they could give a little ,unlike HSS which can fracture ,especially with a dig in :( . I have done some searching online but no luck so far ,any body know if these types are still available ,and if so any ideas where ?

My lathe is quite heavy duty but with the old belt drive pulleys and back gear has an 8" chuck and adjustable tapered headstock bearings ,I get a bit of chatter with my current parting tool , and not enough speed for insert tools ,

The ones I remember had a side plate for clamping the tool ,this one pictured is for a back tool post, but the principle is the same I think. Cheers ~ John





0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor