Compound Slide

samedi 29 mars 2014

Hi,



I recently replaced my compound slide nut due to wear. The spindle and new nut fit ok without to much movement. However I'm getting about 0.4mm of movement between the spindle handle and shoulder.



I think I've put it back together incorrectly. I did it a few times but not sure what I'm doing wrong. Any ideas? I have tightened the gib screws but still get the movement. When I turn the compound in (towards the the headstock) that's when I can push it back - hope that makes sense. I am thinking of ways to overcome this movement such as putting a washer in there but would like to make sure I'm putting it back together correctly first.



Ben.



ps I've replaced the cross slide spindle and nut without any problems. I thought the process was the same.


Attached Images






0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor