1/5th Scale Peny-Darren 1804 Locomotive

lundi 31 mars 2014

Hi All,



For my new project I will be building a replica of Richard Trevithick's 1804 Steam locomotive. It was run at Peny-Darren - thus the name, on 14th February 1804. It ran on cast flange rails (no flanged wheels). It was the first train to tow a load - 5 trams of coal and 70 men. However the trip didn't last long a the smoke stack hit a low bridge nd was seriously damaged. I am building this because I am a bit of a train fanatic. I have found a fair bit of detail, unlike my original plan to build Stephenson's rocket - not much detail available. This locomotive does look a bit weird and I think will provide a great challenge. I am building it 1/5th scale and will provide quite a number of posts of my Work in Progress. Some photos of the loco are shown below.



Regards



Keith


Attached Images






0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor