NOVA 3000 - motor issues

vendredi 28 mars 2014

G'day all, might be ready to cry!!!!! I think my baby is about to die.



Was using it yesterday and thought I could smell some electrical burning smell but nothing to bad, could have been coming from anywhere.



Then today I was turning a burl and -SNIFF SNIFF - something did not seem right. Then my burl flew out the window at whatever the next speed is over 1000 rmp. Went out and retrieved my burl and noticed smoke coming from the moter housing near the bottom







I did not really make out whether is was coming from the box on the back or the motor near the base of the box. Im thinking maybe the box.



Any obvious things to check ... am I up for a new motor.



240 volt single phase in Australia btw



If I am up for a new motor may as well go variable speed.







Dave the turning cowboy



turning wood into art




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor