How to turn rounded ends accurately?

lundi 31 mars 2014

I'm turning up a great many spindles as very long mushrooms, think Shitake style. They are long, such as 200mm



The heads are obviously round. Im getting very favourable accuracy with the measurements and thicknesses. Once I part off both ends, how to I finish the top so it's spherical/rounded and smooth?



I've been doing it by hand on my big lathe disk sander, but there must be an easier way! I was thinking of a 125mm disk sander with an ultra-soft underpad. I just stuff the end in the middle and the conforming pad rounds it up...but this seems too technical.



Any idea friends?



(many thanks to Robbo for his past insistence on beads and coves, beads and coves, grasshopper!)




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor