Carbatec Perfect-Gloss hardener discolouration

dimanche 30 mars 2014

I have a litre set of the Carbatec Perfect-Gloss clear decorative timber coating.

Two part mix and sets "crystal clear" (apparently).



The product is over 12 months old but unopened until this weekend, but going by the instructions that is OK. Problem is the hardener has discoloured, it is now a honey brown, but still clear. The other container is clear like water.



I have tried a test piece and am dissappointed in the tinge of brown. The gloss is good and has set hard.



Has anyone else had this problem. :? Is there a way to diminish the tint? Possibly mix ratio of resin to hardener, even if the cure time is lengthened.



I had bought it on the sales pitch, long shelf life, clear hard gloss finish etc.



I have contacted Carbatec, who said take it up with the distributor, who said take it up with Carbatec. :((



The problem (other than the discolouration) is that I bought it in Brisbane and have subsequently moved to Newcastle. So trying to liaise with interstate retailer and local-ish distributor is painful at best.

Any suggestions appreciated.

I'll let you know how my 'liaising' goes.



Lyle.




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor