Drawer slips

vendredi 28 mars 2014

Hi all, there is some dawer construction to happen soon and I'm having a bit of a " I wonder" moment amybe it's old age, my typing atm definately says that!!



A question regarding drwer slips, usually they are fixed onto the inside of the drwer side such that the dwer side and the slip provide the sliding surface, does anybody fix them onto the bottom edge of the dwer side so that only the slip provides the sliding surface, the only possible down side I can see is that the slip is visible when the draw is pulled out, Is this really that bad anyway?



I wonder what opinions there are regarding drwer side mat'l, this would be my main requirements; stable, medium density, readily machinable (hand and power), pleasing to the eye, further considerations might be hard wearing, I would also consider the drawer runner ideally needs to be of similliar hard wearing wood.



Thanks for your thoughts





Pete




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor