External venting

vendredi 28 mars 2014

I have been reading the Bill Pentz site and am considering building a cyclone unit.



I currently have a 3 phase 3 hp twin bag system sitting against the back wall of the shed. It is ducted to most machines and works reasonably well. Of course the shed has a nice fine mist of saw dust in the air that I assume escapes through the bag filter. This is not to mention the constant mess around the base with the plastic bags I try to use.



Unfortunately, I do not have a suitable location outside to have the unit, and it takes up a large amount of space in the shed.



My question is regarding the external venting versus pleated filters on a cyclone unit. It makes sense to me to vent the unit outside. My concern is the amount of dust that would escape through the vent. We live in a reasonably built up area in Wantirna and the vent location would be some 3m approx from 2 boundary fences.



Would I expect most of the dust to be caught in the bin with only very fine, mainly invisible dust escaping outside, or will I come out to the neighbours back yard a brown color, the shade depending on the color of the wood I'm working at the time?



Thanks,

Andrew




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor