I saw the light!

samedi 29 mars 2014

Well, I finally saw the light An angle poise one. I have had the idea of making one for ages, but the heat caused by any incandescing bulb would destroy a wooden shade quick time. So when the LEDs appeared and a little mains golf ball LED was affordable I thought what the hell.



The base is designed to take 2 external HDDs, 3 1/2" jobbies with the cables going out the back and is marine ply, or at least what the French call marine? the base swivel and arms are oak, the shade is spalted beach. It took an age to make because I had to work out just how it would go together, but I like it, as does SWMBO.



The top arm was done by sticking two lengths of oak together with double sided tape and turning them to round. Splitting them and hey presto, two bits-a-wood



It gives a lovely light and just from a 3.8 watt bulb that does not get hot..











I want to make one about 4 foot high, floor standing, but it may be a while, so don't hold yer breath?




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor