Gear Problem.

lundi 31 mars 2014

Hi Guys,

Some of you will know that I've had various problems with my Chinese mill. Well I would like to solicit comments about this plastic gear from my mill. The gear in question is the duplex speed change gear that lives inside the mill head. From new, the mill has always made a slight ticking sound that varied as the spindle speed changed. Well the other day I was slitting some alloy bar with a 1 mm thick saw and the blade grabbed and the top plastic gear lost a tooth and ground it into the other teeth. I'm not overly happy about it but not too concerned either. Since replacing it is a 20 minute job. I'm more concerned about the other one. After removing the smashed gear I tried rotating the spindle by hand and found that it had a spot where it was hard to turn. Getting to this gear is a major job to remove and inspect. The pictures show what I found. So my request for comments.



The first three pictures are of the duplex gear. The damaged area is inside the red box. The other picture is the top driving gear. This one is directly driven by the motor. You can see where the initial grab took place and the place where the teeth were stripped off.



Thanks all.


Attached Images






0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor