Xmas came early - new machine tool

mardi 17 novembre 2015

I'm over the moon!
Had a call form my toolmaker friend the other day to say that he thought I might like his spare PARE 3D pantograph mill. He need the space and didn't need 3 any more..... Would I give it a good home?
I picked it up yesterday and am making space for it in my shed today.
It is a beautifully made italian machine and has no visible wear at all. All the beautiful scraping is is completely intact and everything moves as smoothly as silk. Its a PF/2N, speeds from 350 to 12500rpm and came with original toolbox, 1/2" and 1/4" work spindles and 1/2", 1/4" and 1/8" collets. Even an original manual (which I will scan and return to Joe for his other machine).
Can't wait to get it cleaned up and set up and working!
It's 3/4HP 2-speed 3-phase motor is Dahlander wound, so I'm replacing it with a single speed 2-pole motpr and VFD which I have. The replacement motor is 1.5kW and almost exactly the same frame. Even the spindle and keyway are identical.
More photos coming as I progress.
IMAG2749.jpg IMAG2750.jpg

PS: now I'm looking for a D-bit grinder ;) anyone have a spare?
Attached Images




Read the full thread at metalworkforums.com...


Xmas came early - new machine tool

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor