Finish on different projects - Expand my experience

lundi 30 novembre 2015

I have not done a lot of projects but the ones I have done, I have mostly finished with a Satin Cabothane. Mostly over a stain. Once over raw timber. I have always been happy with this in general terms.

I would like to get experience in different finishes.

I have currently one project ready to finish and another one in mind.
1 Draws (pine) under a work bench and timber trim (Tas Oak) to home built saw table top
2 Lazy Susan with a possible inlay on it (plan to use some sort of timber of what I think is pine)

I guess the workshop items would be best in something with a bit of hardness. I do have some Traditional Wax and was thinking about that but after research I am starting to go away from that. However, I don't know what way to go.

The timber I plan to use for the LS is re-cycled from an old table top I picked up some 20 years ago from a furniture manufacturer that was closing down. It has some type of finish on it from when I picked it up - but when you get it back to raw, is is quite light - near white. I originally used some of it on chairs as slats for the seats. I put a polyurathane on the slats but they went quite honey colored within a short time. I would like to retain as much of the lighter colour as possible and not have it go honey coloured. I don't know even know if that is possible.

Must have been a good tree as the 2 pieces I have left are about 400 & 500 wide both solid. Wish I knew what type of timber it is!

Would appreciate some options/recommendations on finishes from you more experienced people.

Thanks


Finish on different projects - Expand my experience

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor