Best way to cut dadoes in Laminex bench top

samedi 28 novembre 2015

My woodworking is with solid Australian timbers so I have no experience with cutting laminated surface sheets. However, I am now building a router table as my Festool CMS table, excellent though it is, is too small a surface for routing larger pieces. I have laminated together 3 layers of good hardwood marine ply to get a flat 36 mm thick plywood top. I bought some Laminex offcuts from a kitchen cabinetmaker. They told me to cut the Laminex over size and trim it with a trim router before I edge the top with my solid Blackwood. I'm all fine with that. But, I want to inset mitre tracks and T-tracks in the router table top.

So: do I glue the Laminex on the whole sheet then cut my dadoes through the Laminex? I have a solid carbide downcut router bit (I read they were best for cutting laminated sheet). Is that the best approach?

What about cutting the Laminex finished benchtop with a dado set on a table saw? Is that likely to rip out?

Suggestions and advice gratefully received.

David


Best way to cut dadoes in Laminex bench top

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor