Dust size with Arbortech power carving?

lundi 30 novembre 2015

I have just started to try my hand at carving with an Arbortech TURBOPlane and mini-TURBO sander. Lots of fun and I was pretty happy with the result for a first try - a platter in Northern Silky Oak that I laminated together for the practice. BUT I was horrified at the amount of grit I got covered in even though I stood in an open garage doorway with two fans behind me. What I would like to know is whether these machines produce the fine dust that is really dangerous for the lungs? If so, what is the best means to stay safe while using one? I have a full-face respirator but, in 30 degree heat, they are very uncomfortable.

Thanks

David


Dust size with Arbortech power carving?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor