Another HYCO SCROLL SAW thread

lundi 7 septembre 2015

I found this at a recycling place out in Nelson Bay.
It was destined for scrap metal. I saw it there a few weeks ago but couldn't get close to see what condition it was in.
Dithered for a week then rang them and asked for it to be held for me. Luckily I did that as the bloke said it was going to scrap metal the next day.
Anyway. This is it on the floor.
Date? no data plate, so I am guessing mid 1950s. Has an electric motor, single phase 1/3 horse power. Made by HOOVER electricl in the UK! The motor plug was cut off as per normal. (But when I got it home I sneakily put one on and fired it up. I had checked for shorts and insulation and earth, first and that bearings were free) It ran just like a bought one.
The gearbox was filthy with years od wooddust mixed in with the oil. Took ages to clean out.
There is hardly any rust and that is on the table and is just surface, no pitting.
Paint has multiple layers of green, blue/grey and some blue hammertone?. But I think I will focus on running, not cosmetics and leave the paint as is.
I have four issues to contend with.
1. The electric motor pulley has a broken outer shoulder, I think as a result of the pulleys not being aligned (motor to gearbox) four good bolts will fix that.
2. The gearbox pulley has a stripped thread where the domed headed nut sits. But I think I can overcome that easily.
3. I am missing the hold-down footplate and blade guide. But I am hopefull someone will have photos dimensions and how to make suggestions.
4. The spring tension acme threaded winder is bent slightly, it is stoppinf the adjuster stop drom screwing down. I am hopefully going to straighten it without breaking it. Can you still get acme threaded rods to make a new one???

I will post up some of the photos I took during the pull down and clean.

Comments and suggestions as always appreaciated.

As bought 1.jpgAs bought 2.jpgAs bought 4.jpgAs bought.jpgAs bought 3.jpgAs bought 5.jpg
Attached Images


0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor