welding to hydraulic ram

mardi 10 novembre 2015

Hi all.

Just found something new to occupy my time, my new to me, backhoe. Not the fastest thing around, but with a bit of commonsense I recon it will do the job.

As one would expect for something of its age, theres some issues with her that will need addressing.

Doesnt look like its seen a gease gun for quite some time. Regreasing and the usual dumping of fluids and filter changes is at the top of the list.

Anyhow here's a couple of "quality repairs" that I will need to fix. Some of the welds havent rusted, so my assumption is ss rod has been used on some of the repairs.

My thoughts are (but am definetely open to suggestions) is to remove any [hard chroming?] from weld area before rewelding any replacement bits.

pic 1 is my first job
Pic 3 isnt as bad, but dont want to wait too long before effecting any repairs.
pic 2 and 4. Thinking seriously about removing bush and welding in a fresh one. Maybe tack replacement into position with everything in place? Whoever did these "repairs" didnt believe in grease points, so those will included as part of the fix.

Anyone know if "yolk?" in pic 1 can be bought as an off the shelf weld on bit?

Suggestions welcome.

Thanks in advance,

Jatt
Attached Images




Read the full thread at metalworkforums.com...


welding to hydraulic ram

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor