New Broken Welder

mardi 10 novembre 2015

OK, I just want to start this thread by saying I have used some serious POS stick welders with limited duty cycles and it really kills me to have to wait for a welder to cool off before finishing a job... So, for a while I've been keeping an eye out for a second hand welder that has a decent duty cycle on it, and I've been open to purchasing a broken unit to repair. Well, along came a man with a faulty Cigweld 250i unit, with the mig and stick hand pieces and an earth lead. I considered what buying a faulty welder could lead to, but I decided to jump on it either way. $200. Now I have the task of getting this unit repaired. The faults that show are error codes on the display. Error 2 shows up initially, however the unit can still be used. Once I strike an arc, it seems there is no control over the current, it literally gouges holes into the work piece at any level amps, then "Error 8" is displayed. I have had an electrician (from work) take an internal look at it, and he says the main power board needs to be replaced. Question is, where can I get one? I realize repairing a welder has serious safety implications and I am guessing that only certified repair businesses will take on such a task, so I am not interested in attempting the repair myself, I am just interested in how I go about getting it done, and where would be the best place to start (to get quotes etc.) My location is Townsville Qld so any local businesses that anyone has had experience with would be very beneficial. Any general experience with this sort of thing is also welcome, and also if you actaully think I should just pass it on and get rid of it I realize that could be what really needs to happen, however, I am of the firm belief that this can be repaired, just at what cost?

Cheers,

MOA


Read the full thread at metalworkforums.com...


New Broken Welder

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor