Walnut, sassafras, myrtle and flame rosewood boxes

samedi 21 novembre 2015

Last year I made a trio of boxes to see if "mass production" was much quicker. Those boxes were gifts, and were also fun to make.

I'm now making another 4 boxes using the same techniques and jigs, and it's turning out quite nicely. Timbers are walnut, sassafras, flame rosewood and myrtle. 2 are almost complete. 2 have a bit to go.

I dropped the myrtle box on my pebblecrete driveway, putting lots of dents into the front lid frame. A hot iron and a wet chux were used to steam the dents out. It worked much better than I'd expected.

IMG_4522.JPG


IMG_4523.JPG


IMG_4524.JPG


IMG_4527.JPG


IMG_4529.JPG



Cheers,

ajw
Attached Images


Walnut, sassafras, myrtle and flame rosewood boxes

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor