not a bad lump of wood, even if I do say so myself.

mercredi 18 novembre 2015

The way light plays on figured timber never ceases to amaze me. Take a piece of wood, add light or dark, change where you stand and the whole thing shifts to something else entirely.

getting pictures of it is the same. Flash, dark background, filter, saturation levels on digital or film emulsion with real cameras... All these things can change what a board, or something made from a board is. And sometimes I despair, particularly with larger bits, because you can't ever get every detail in.

anyway, one lot of Maple down and the next lot starts to trickle in.... And you wouldn't think that these pictures are all taken of boards and blanks off the same log. Well okay, I banged the two big quilted lumps through the plane but still... There's not a picture here that does it justice.

yeah, I'm bragging, but it's not every day I get lumps of quilt that go 1200 x 500 and I kinda wanted to share.
Attached Images


not a bad lump of wood, even if I do say so myself.

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor