Kid stuff

jeudi 19 novembre 2015

Granma bought the new-ish (2yrs already! )grandchild a tea set, which she took to with great delight, so it seemed the right time to do a little table & chairs to go with it. I haven't done any chairs for quite a few years, and had lost/misplaced/reused some of my old templates and the chocks I use on my simple jig for drilling the leg holes in the seats. After making a few lot of holes in a mock-up seat, I got it worked out again, & two chairs were soon on their way. The table was easier, I kept it square & simple! I did make the legs 25mm too long, initially, but that was easily fixed! All wood harvested off our land, radiata pine (quite attractively blue-stained), black Wattle, & Jacaranda: Kid chair&table.jpg

So while I was in the mood, I thought I'd make a 'real' chair so she can sit up at the table with everyone else, as soon as she's ready, which her dad says is now. Mum doesn't like 'fancy' stuff, so I kept it pretty basic. Woods are Jacaranda (seat & back) and black wattle: Jacaranda & Blk Wattle chair.jpg

And since I was on a roll, I made another, initially to keep here, but as a reserve in case more grandchildren appear suddenly. This one is River oak & Jacaranda, and I was feeling a bit more back in practise, so it got a little bit of decoration :U: Jacaranda & River oak chair.jpg

Cheers,


Kid stuff

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor