Thought I'd share with you guys my current little project.
Here is the original catalog page for the drill.
Burke%20drill%20press%20no.%200.jpg
This is what I got:
$_57-27.jpgDSC_0111.JPG
My plan is to convert it back to "Original" as a flat belt machine. As so many of the original parts are missing and will need to be remade, this will be a rebuild rather than true restoration.
So far I have stripped the machine down and taken it back to bare metal.
34791C77-D9AA-4515-BC19-2F1EEFA3EA8D@Home.jpeg5BFBA1EC-B7E2-496D-BB27-E4D627180EFB@Home.jpeg
It's been sanded back and coated in etch primer now.
DSC_0166.JPG
I was wondering if it is possible to get the broken flange on the pulley brazed or silver soldered to repair it?? Can you braze with a map gas torch??
The block of steel will hopefully end up being a future pair of top guide pulleys.
Top Guide Pulleys copy.jpg
I also would like to replace the locking bolt. I'm having difficulty locating a LH ½" UNF 20 bolt, or someone with suitable LH Die
The biggest challenge will be to make a new set of lower pulleys. Any suggestions welcomed.
Cone End.jpgIdler Pulley End.jpgLower Cone Pulley.jpg
I picked up a 10mm Square S/Steel for the belt shifter. The shifter fork & handle yet to be done.
Lower Cone & Shifer copy.jpg
I had to make a new Upper guide shaft, which I used a bit of ½" S/Steel round stock and I made some Little brass collars, the original had swaged on rings but that doesn't allow easy service in the future.
EEC7B2A0-A8B9-4DF2-9EC3-2CB9B49D2D52@Home.jpeg1F452360-C1C9-4514-AC0C-C763EC7D10FC@Home.jpg
Here is the original catalog page for the drill.
Burke%20drill%20press%20no.%200.jpg
This is what I got:
$_57-27.jpgDSC_0111.JPG
My plan is to convert it back to "Original" as a flat belt machine. As so many of the original parts are missing and will need to be remade, this will be a rebuild rather than true restoration.
So far I have stripped the machine down and taken it back to bare metal.
34791C77-D9AA-4515-BC19-2F1EEFA3EA8D@Home.jpeg5BFBA1EC-B7E2-496D-BB27-E4D627180EFB@Home.jpeg
It's been sanded back and coated in etch primer now.
DSC_0166.JPG
I was wondering if it is possible to get the broken flange on the pulley brazed or silver soldered to repair it?? Can you braze with a map gas torch??
The block of steel will hopefully end up being a future pair of top guide pulleys.
Top Guide Pulleys copy.jpg
I also would like to replace the locking bolt. I'm having difficulty locating a LH ½" UNF 20 bolt, or someone with suitable LH Die
The biggest challenge will be to make a new set of lower pulleys. Any suggestions welcomed.
Cone End.jpgIdler Pulley End.jpgLower Cone Pulley.jpg
I picked up a 10mm Square S/Steel for the belt shifter. The shifter fork & handle yet to be done.
Lower Cone & Shifer copy.jpg
I had to make a new Upper guide shaft, which I used a bit of ½" S/Steel round stock and I made some Little brass collars, the original had swaged on rings but that doesn't allow easy service in the future.
EEC7B2A0-A8B9-4DF2-9EC3-2CB9B49D2D52@Home.jpeg1F452360-C1C9-4514-AC0C-C763EC7D10FC@Home.jpg
0 commentaires:
Enregistrer un commentaire