Sieg C6 lathe - electronic leadscrew

jeudi 14 mai 2015

I mention in another thread (http://ift.tt/1E8g5nJ) that I was planning an electronic leadscrew modification to my C6 lathe so thought I'd should start a new thread.
It's likely to be a long term project as winter is nearly here ant that will restrict my shed time. I'll cover both the lathe modifications and building/testing the electronics.

A few photos to get started.

with_pulleys.jpg
The drive belts. Fixed toothed belt between motor and idler.
Threading gears have already been removed.

without_pulleys.jpg
Pulley removed from the spindle.
spindle_gears.jpg
Spindle showing gears that engage the threading gears.
spindle_nogears.jpg
Gear on spindle is keyed and slides off. Other gear is bolted to casting
lead_screw_end.jpg
End of the lead screw
stepper_mount.jpg
This hole is (I think) to allow access to the bolt that fixes the lathe to the bench. It just happens to be 60mm wide and 75 mm deep so a NEMA 24 stepper motor will fit in there nicely. I can access the bolt from the other side.

There will be a 40 tooth timing belt pulley bored out to fit on the spindle in place of the gear shown. The encoder will be mounted to another 40 tooth pulley located about 90mm below the spindle.
The stepper will have a 20 tooth pulley and the leadscrew will have a 40 tooth pulley giving a 2:1 reduction. The motor I've ordered is a NEMA24 387 oz/in from Ch4is (who's also providing the pulleys/belts.).

The PCB's for the controller are being made somewhere in China and I should have them is about 2 weeks. All other electronic components have been ordered, mostly on eBay, some I already have.


How can I get images to span across the page rather than one after the other?
Attached Images


0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor