This post is direct from the email I received from John on the 8th May 2015, in reference to a question on CA sometimes lifting at the ends of a blank.
Quote:
Amos ! these are my most common tools I use ,the rotary deburrer is used to clean the inside corners and put a small chamfer as a lead in for the components when pressing together.
The triangular file is used to scrape the inside of tubes and to cut the CA from the bushes when removing from lathe , I cut in at speed. just longer than the tube and then sand to size (length) on a piece of sandpaper ,holding the tube as close to the paper as possible stops any tipping and off square , works for me hehe. Cheers ~ John
--
gawd_el_pus
end sanding.jpgCA trimming tool 2.jpgCA trimming tool.jpgdeburr and scraper.jpg
Quote:
Amos ! these are my most common tools I use ,the rotary deburrer is used to clean the inside corners and put a small chamfer as a lead in for the components when pressing together.
The triangular file is used to scrape the inside of tubes and to cut the CA from the bushes when removing from lathe , I cut in at speed. just longer than the tube and then sand to size (length) on a piece of sandpaper ,holding the tube as close to the paper as possible stops any tipping and off square , works for me hehe. Cheers ~ John
--
gawd_el_pus
end sanding.jpgCA trimming tool 2.jpgCA trimming tool.jpgdeburr and scraper.jpg
0 commentaires:
Enregistrer un commentaire