Would a 600mm x 17mm plywood disk self destruct at 1100RPM

dimanche 15 novembre 2015

Hi guys, I have started to make a large disk sander and was hoping to make the disk size about 60cm, running at 1100RPM, what I had in mind is a disc made out of 17mm formply bolted to a steel backing plate and mounted onto the spindle of my large wood lathe (4HP) but I have some concerns about whether or not the ply would self destruct at that RPM and if there was still a safety margin at that RPM and diameter.

My personal hunch is that it would be fine but don't want to find out the hard way or else find out that it is operating on borderline RPM. I would be interested in finding out if anyone here knows or has done something similar and what RPM's and size their disk was running at. As near as I can work out, I think that it would be spinning at 34.57m/sec, that is provided my maths is correct! Thanks.

Cheers

Ed.


Would a 600mm x 17mm plywood disk self destruct at 1100RPM

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor