Which Lucas Sawmill to purchase?

mercredi 11 novembre 2015

Hi all,

I'm after some advice on Lucas Sawmills. I have always had a huge fascination with milling small timber on my band saw and have been seriously considering buying a Lucas Mill. I have access to a fair bit of Blackwood that blew down in a storm a few years ago, I stacked it and painted the ends of the trunks. So far checking has been minimal. Most logs are around the one meter mark in diameter. There is also some stringy bark and some wattle. My work is considering a development which will require a plantation to be removed, possibly some trees for me? I haven't fully committed to buying a mill at this stage, but am considering it very carefully now.
What I want to know is, what model to buy? Ive been looking at the 10-30 but not sure if the kerf will be too large for nice timbers? Is it worth going the 8-30 for this reason?
I would like the slabbing attachment also.
Is buying new a good idea? I'm happy to buy second hand tools, but not if it'll cost me more in the long term. I will be running this saw for personal reasons, but would like to do some milling for others once I'm proficient with it.
I would ultimately like to do my kitchen and my mothers kitchen with home milled timber, along with a supply of timber for my furniture making hobby.

Any advice is welcome. Good, bad or indifferent! I've never used a mill before, so I'm going into this with an open mind.

Thanks in advance,

Ash.


Which Lucas Sawmill to purchase?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor