The end of my world as I know it.

mercredi 11 novembre 2015

SWMBO has officially been retired for a few weeks and been busy with horse riding and her wide range of crafts.
She already has a bench (the nicest one) in my shed for her small rock and glass work which she is also getting back into.
Under the bench she has a small rock tumbler, not the metal rotary ones but an upright 2L amphora shaped hard rubber thing that vibrates sideways to swirl the contents - it works much faster than the rotary types. Above the bench shed has a small (4") diamond cutting saw, and a 6" diamond lapping wheel which also adapts to a diamond spindle cutter. She also has a Dremel on a drill press plus heaps of neat goodies like fine diamond bits that I use from time to time.

The other day she asked me if I would turn some more wooden beads and rings. I've made a few dozen for her before from some Jam and also Sheoak, but now she s talking hundreds of beads. I said I was too busy and she then asked me if I would show her how to do them. So, turning and bandsaw cutting lessons were in order. Normally if we have teach each other anything within 2 minutes we are shouting at each other so we avoid this situation but this time it all went very smoothly and she picked it up very quickly. OHS wise she takes everything seriously so I am not that worried about her on this score. After a hour or so of showing and watching, I was able to move back to my own work and she spent about 3 hours practicing, made lots of mess but she did clean up the sawdust but doesn't know where all the tools go yet so I had to do that.

Yesterday she went horse riding (she goes nearly everyday) but CAME HOME EARLY to get back onto the lathe.
I had to go out and left her to it.
When I came home 5 hours she was just finishing up and looked very satisfied with herself and she said she had the best time.
Not much output at this stage, mainly just prepping materials, she's mainly using ~3/4" diameter rubbishy looking sticks and twigs (hence the emphasis on OHS).
Now she's asking me how to sharpen!
What next?


The end of my world as I know it.

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor