Scroll saw for occasional use.

jeudi 12 novembre 2015

Hi,

I've read every thread and article I can find on this forum about buying a scroll saw and have a couple of questions I hope someone will answer.

As a new top of the line saw is not in the budget I've been looking on eBay and Gumtree for a good quality used one as well as reading about new low-end tools.

From what I've read the system for changing the blades seems to cause the most angst. I don't really understand the pros and cons of 'pinned' and 'unpinned' and notice the Ozito, available at Bunnings for 179.00, has a 'tool-free blade change'. The manual describes a 5-step process. Is this a good or a bad thing? Would a scroll saw that requires a tool be simpler to use?

Also, it seems that variable speed is desirable, this the Ozito has.

The information available for the Ryobi (229.00) doesn't mention blade change or variable speed.

The Jet at 184.00 is also a contender.

The tool would not get much use. I specifically want it to cut out inlays for a project. It won't get any heavy-duty challenges as we have a band saw for larger work. It can be bolted down so vibration/weight shouldn't be an issue.

I'd really appreciate any input that can help me make a decision.

Thank you.


Scroll saw for occasional use.

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor