Photography and Truth

mardi 24 novembre 2015

I'll apologise up front for getting all "arty farty" here, but since I've been using photoshop over the last few years I've got to wondering about whether post processing amounts to lying.
On many occasions I've used quite a bit of post processing to manufacture an image that conveys the emotions that were invoked at the time. Other times there's been more subtle work to just sharpen up the image, or crop out unwanted objects.


To illustrate what I mean here's a photo I took of the Kurth Kiln near Gembrook with no post processing whatsoever.
Kurth Kiln.jpg


The same image with correction for lens distortion, removal of highlights on chimney and the "washed out look" of the brickwork, some sharpening and some boosting of clarity and vibrance to give the image a bit more punch.
Kurth Kiln (Sharpen).jpg


The historical nature of the sight is conveyed, I feel, with the sepia treatment. Obviously, it's not what I saw, but it's what I felt at the time.
Kurth Kiln (Antique).jpg


I'd be interested in seeing others thoughts on the subject, and any examples you may have.
Attached Images


Photography and Truth

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor