Line Shaft Speeds??

mardi 10 novembre 2015

After the weekends steam overload I am motivated to set up my line shaft an get her running.

I'm still missing bits and pieces like hangers and probably the correct size pulleys, but if I can work out what I actually need then I can keep an eye out and get the right things.

I'm actually thinking to install two line shafts in two separate areas, One for the drills and one for grinding buffing heads. The drills will be mainly for display but the grinders for use. I believe I will need the grinders running at different speeds for their various uses.

  • Polishing mop 8"
  • Nylon Abrasive Wheel 8"
  • White Stone Wheel 8"-10"? I'll need to measure it.



So what I'd like to know is what speed can the line shaft run at? What speed should each of the above three options run at?
The grinders have slightly different size pulleys but they are around 2", 2 3/4", 4"


If I have 1440RPM motor with a 3" Vee pulley driving a 10 1/4" drive pulley on the line shaft?






The drills again are small bench drills:



  • 10" Burke sensitive drill
  • Fearnaught
  • Friction Drive Press
  • RSB




Any ideas at what speed the drills should be run at?

Only two are complete, so I have to look up the pulley sizes for the others.

The Fear naught has a 3 3/4" Drive pulley and two speed lower cone 4" & 5", Upper cone is 2 1/4" & 3"

Again looking at 1440RPM motor with a 3" Vee pulley driving a 10 1/4" drive pulley on the line shaft?


Read the full thread at metalworkforums.com...


Line Shaft Speeds??

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor