Internals of "Tree" boring tool revisited

jeudi 12 novembre 2015

In a previous post I showed part of the internals of my "new" Tree boring tool. I then said I would not disassemble it any further.
I am sorry, I lied [emoji16]

The tool has a mt4 mount, which I need to change to either r8 or a parallel shank for a collet (any thoughts?).
At first I thought the mount was pressed in, but it proved to be threaded (as already mentioned by Stustoys). It also held on the back part, so when I unthreaded it this came apart. Good opportunity to show the rest of the workings.

Attachment 359510
Overview

Attachment 359511
Cap with free turning gear, 16 teeth

Attachment 359512
Mt4 mount with threads to mount to body and flange that keeps the cap on.

Attachment 359513
Gear assembly that provides reduction. There are two big gears above each other. There is one tooth difference in tooth-count between them. The top narrow one is fixed with a key, the wide bottom one is free spinning. The free running gear in the cap meshes with both, so when it makes a full revolution around the narrow large gear, the wide large gear has shifted one tooth compared to the narrow one.

The small 16 tooth gear that meshes with the wide large gear is connected directly to the worm (can be seen in previous post)
If I understand the workings correctly, each full turn of the cap translates to a movement of 1/16 turn of the worm.

The "plate" near the rim is the locking mechanism of the autofeed (activated with the knurled knob seen in the previous post).

Attachment 359514
Attachment 359515
Close up of how geartrain is assembled.

Peter


Read the full thread at metalworkforums.com...


Internals of "Tree" boring tool revisited

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor