Diamond Plates Clogging?

dimanche 15 novembre 2015

Hi everyone,

I have been flattening the back of a plane blade for a P910 block plane and I'm having a few dramas with my fine DMT sharpening plates.

It it seems like my extra and extra extra fine plates are clogging with swarf slowing the whole process down significantly. I'm not convinced if this is the issue or if I am just being impatient but I have been rubbing away for about 2 hours for each plate and I have not been able to fully remove the scratches from the previous grit plate (I have worked through each grit from extra coarse all the way through).

Im using loads of water, I thought that might be the issue but the change hasn't made a difference. I have thrown them in the kitchen sink and scrubbed them with detergent in case I had picked up some oil, no change.

I havent tried using windex yet but I will give it a go after dinner.

Does anyone one have any ideas or similar issues?

Cheers,

Tim


Diamond Plates Clogging?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor