Advice please - do I need a router lifter with the big Triton router?

lundi 9 novembre 2015

I am confused. Specifically about the best way to set up the Triton in a router table. Two questions:

1. I have a latest model large Triton router with the above table adjustment feature. I therefore presumed that, when I got around building a router table, I would not need a router lifter, just a hole for the winder. However, I have been told, and read elsewhere, that it is better to have a dedicated router lifter than to depend on the built in adjustment. A workshop that I know has older Tritons mounted in tables with the Woodpecker lifts, but they do not sell those anymore. Should I look for an alternative router lifter? I would appreciate advice from experienced users please.

2. Carba-tec recommended the Kreg precision router table insert plate for the router (pre-drilled for the Triton). I purchased one but it is still in its unopened packaging. Any advice on whether that is an appropriate/best way to go would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

David


Advice please - do I need a router lifter with the big Triton router?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor