Upcycling: Wine crate table

mardi 28 juillet 2015

Hi, I'm a first time poster and very new to working with wood, but I am an orthopaedic surgeon so am familiar with power tools and am pretty good with my hands:

Anyway, I'm looking to make an "upcycled" table from french wine crates and am looking for all sorts of advice from staining to joining.

If anyone has done a similar project can you please let me know if light wine crates need to be "preconditioned" before stained? Any tips on stains that have worked well so that I dont wreck the crates (not cheap at $20 a pop).
After staining would you treat with a polyurethane or an oil?
Any advice would be great.

As mentioned above, I think I'll be able to pick up a lot of this quite quickly but am starting from a position of very little experience working with wood ....

Ilan


0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor