box with brass ring

mercredi 29 juillet 2015

G'dayI saw this demonstrated at Turnfest but when I went to buy some brass powder from Dave's shop they had sold out, so obviously a lot of others decided to try it too . Anyway I managed to buy some brass powder locally and was able to try it out .The demonstrater put brass powder in the groove then dripped CA glue on to it then sanded it back . I found that when using this technique , I tended to have dry patches which become holes in the ring so I now use epoxy casting resin with the brass powder mixed in to it then push it into the groove with a matchstick . The groove is about .5mm deep and the more brass you mix into the resin the better . It needs to be just slightly runny . I just lightly shear scrape the surface to get down to the ring then sand and finish with DO .The box is sally wattle about 80mm diam and 85mm high .Ted
Attached Images


0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor