Old Wadkin Mortiser question

vendredi 31 juillet 2015

Hi all,

This may be a long shot, but I thought I would ask the question. I'm getting my old mortiser working, not a full restoration at the moment, just operational.

My question relates to the spring return on the chain part. Located in photo's 2 and 3 is a wound spring or 2 that helps the chain to retract. My problem is that the spring no longer has the strength to lift the chain part. I am wondering if this may have the ability to be adjusted/ re-tightened?

I am hesitant to undo the bolts just in case parts fly everywhere and I'm unable to get it back together. (Bad experiences as a kid pulling stuff apart). I have considered putting a pulley and a weight inside the casing similar to the way the chisel works, but would prefer to leave it as original as possible.

Cheers,

Andrew.


0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor