Limited space, should I still get a contractor saw?

mardi 28 juillet 2015

Hi guys,

I'm sure these threads probably get old for forum regulars so apologies in advance.

I've put off purchasing a table saw for a while now as i couldn't bring myself to waste money on something rubbish. So here is my dilemma though.

I'm at best, a weekend warrior, but in reality i'm not going to be in the shop every weekend. My budget allows me to go for something like a Carbatec or Hafco contractor saw which are around $1100 at the moment. These look to pretty decent for the budget and would suit the type of work i'd do. However, I'm setup in a single car garage which is pretty tight as it is and these saws would take up a quite noticeable footprint. They are also at the peak of what im willing to spend on something that i may not get heaps of use out of.

So my question is whether there's any alternatives im not aware of that may be slightly cheaper and smaller? Things like the Makita MLT models and the cheaper Carbatecs i've heard nothing but complaints about so i dont want to spend $500+ on something that will just give me a headache. I've seen mixed reviews about the Bosch GTS 10 model but not sure if thats a good alternative.

End of the day, i'm ok going for the Contractor Saws but they would take up a lot of space and being at the peak of my budget means I wouldn't be able to pick up anything else like a decent dust extractor to go with it (would have to rely on my shop vac).


0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor