Aldav's Parallel Clamps

mardi 28 juillet 2015

A couple of weeks back I purchased four 24" parallel clamps from Aldav and have been experimenting with them. Having never used parallel clamps before I can't comment on how these clamps compare to the Bessy K bodies available from Masters and Carbatec other than to note that they are significantly cheaper. From Aldav's Ebay store they are $110 for a pair of the 24". A range of other sixes are available.

http://ift.tt/1MwSpCL=

My impressions
-These clamps are very solid, well machined and very neat. The handle is nicely shaped making it easy to grip and tighten without slipping.

-The large base on each clamping head make the clamps very stable when laid out on the bench giving me one less thing to worry about during glue up.

-The large plastic coated head seems to do a good job at dispersing the clamping force without the use of spacers, despite applying excessive pressure at times I haven't bruised the edges of my work yet.

I have used them to glue up some medium sixed panel and assemblies and these clamps have quickly become my favourites, I grab them first and have begun to avoid doing further glue ups until they are free again. They are simply a pleasure to use and I can't wait to get my hands on some more.


0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor