That's not a mallet!

vendredi 31 juillet 2015

This is a mallet: 2 hand Mallet.jpg

Of course, you can't appreciate its size 'til you see it alongside a basher that's a bit more 'normal': Mallets cf.jpg

I was trying to split some billets of tough wood, and busted the old thing that I kept for rough work, trying to drive in a wedge. So I decided I needed something with a bit more persuasive power, and dug out some Ironbark I'd been saving for mallet heads, & spent an hour making a thumper with a 1.5kg head, and a handle I could get two hands onto. It looked the part, but after three good wallops on the axe-head 'wedge', I had three-pieces: disaster.jpg :o :C

Not to be defeated, I tried again, this time using a piece of Forest red-gum that I know was a beast to split when I choped up the scraps for firewood. so p'raps it will hold up better. Some test-bashing indicated all was well, so I'm hoping this one will have a slightly longer & more productive life.... :U

Cheers,
Attached Images


0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor