Tips re staining pine (I think) French wine crates

mardi 28 juillet 2015

Hi, I'm a first time poster and very new to working with wood, but I am an orthopaedic surgeon so am familiar with power tools and am pretty good with my hands:

I'm looking to make an "upcycled" table from french wine crates (acquired yesterday) and am looking for all sorts of advice from staining to joining and everything in between.

If anyone has done a similar project can you please let me know if light wine crates need to be "preconditioned" before stained? Any tips on stains that have worked well so that I dont wreck the crates (not cheap at $20 a pop).
After staining would you treat with a polyurethane or an oil?
Any advice would be great.

As mentioned above, I think I'll be able to pick up a lot of this quite quickly but am starting from a position of very little experience working with wood ....

Ilan


0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor