Marples Gentleman Carpenters Tool Cabinet

samedi 5 septembre 2015

I found this picture of a Marples Tool Cabinet sometime ago.
I really like the signage on the doors.
So I thought I'd have a go at reproducing something like it.



The first thing I've done is to draw up a layout sheet in my paint programme.
The original picture was taken at an angle that created a distortion of the font.
So I've reworked the picture to improve the perspective.



The overlay above shows the font straightened and raised.
I did that by segmenting each word and lifting it apart to increase it's height.
Then I went back over the picture to redo each letter.



It took a bit of time but in the end I've got a layout for the Cabinet Doors that I'm pretty happy with.
Unlike the original I've drawn the doors up to have recessed panels and mouldings.



I haven't put the shading of the font on the layout, I'll add that to the door panels after the basic signage is done.

I was originally only going to make one cabinet, but there's a young fellow on the forum I think should have one.
What's written on the doors is a good giveaway as to who that maybe!. :U

Now I'll find some timber and transfer the layout on to it.

Cheers
Trev.


0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor