Woefull Hilux Headlights

dimanche 27 septembre 2015

So I picked up a '96 Hilux dual-cab 4x2 as a cheap vehicle to get me to work and back.

It's in surprisingly good condition (it has 350k) and has been serviced by my BIL for the last 10 years so has a known history and a fastidious older previous owner. A pretty good pick-up.

As I leave for work at 5am, I drive in the dark and quickly found out that Hilux headlights are not one of their strong pionts. In fact they are atrocious. No problem, dropped in at the local Repco and the salesman assured me that his years of experience of Hilux ownership called for the fitment of some +120 globes and I will be set. Asked my BIL for fitment advice and he tells me it is fitted with sealed beam headlights and i cant upgrade. Ripped out the headlights and sure enough they are sealed beam...couldn't believe that a mid 90's vehicle would be fitted with sealed beam, I thought they went out in the 60's and 70's. And I won't be taking that salesman's advice again in the future.

Anyway, I was browsing ebay and found these..http://ift.tt/1OZwHaT

The listing does not include anything about relays as the globes are 100w high's.

Does anyone out there have any experience with these (or similar) and do you think that fitting 55/100w globes would need some sort of wiring upgrade or relays.

Thanks for any advice.

Steven.


0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor