Pure Argon for Mild Steel MIG?

mercredi 30 septembre 2015

Hi All,

I am sure this would have been discussed in this forum, however my searches havent come up with anything. Last time I rented a bottle I used pure Argon (not sure if its actually pure??) for ally and steel mig welding. It was for the obvious reason of saving money. I did notice that when welding steel it didnt look quiet right but it seemed to have penetration, enough to stuck 3mm RHS together anyway.

I am looking to get another bottle and was looking to do this again and one of the gas companies said that it was a 'very bad idea' and it wouldn't work. Questioning myself now.

Looking around on the net generally people seem to be very scathing of this. When I used to work in my trade we used to do this from time to time when the argon C02 run out. I thought it was just an expensive way to weld steel???

Please be kind in your responses!! I know that this is not supposed to be done and I am not a business so I am not ripping anyone off with sub-standard welding.

Just wondering if anyone else uses of has used argon for mild steel.

If it makes any difference for those who know a lot more about welders and welding than I do. I have a 250a single phase welder and have mostly used this for welding 3mm + mild steel and ally box section.


Read the full thread at metalworkforums.com...


0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor