Garden shredder/chipper

mercredi 30 septembre 2015

Being the tight a** that I am, may I ask any advice on garden shredders/chippers that any member might have.
I guess I can buy one from Bunnings for about $200, but the reviews I've read are varied on quality and success in use.
All I want to do is to convert tree branches I trim into garden mulch and I don't do that often, however from a few years being unable to cut the branches small enough, there's a big pile of branches in the back yard that I'm still waiting to rot.
My property is VERY steep (like 40 degrees) and it almost needs a rope to hold onto to get down the back.
I expect that whatever I buy or make will take some time to reduce tree branches to mulch and that's ok.
I estimate the majority of branches are about 25mm or smaller. (however theres a big pile about 75mm waiting to rot)
I notice that the 'favourite' bunnings one 'crushes' branches, and appears to work best with 'dry' wood, but from the little I've read it appears that most of the use has been on palm fronds.
I have a couple of electric motors I could choose from and I'm sure there is a tried and tested 'monster' that has been created by someone smarter than me., and just as willing to risk losing a finger
So please--if you have any ideas, I'd be delighted to hear about them
On the downside--I don't have power take off from a tractor or landrover any more, so anything 'pastoral' is out--thank you.

Ideally-- advice that the simple Bunnings unit works well enough or something I can knock up in an afternoon with angle grinder and welder and a few mower blades.
PS I don't even own a petrol mower any more--not enough grass to cut.
Thanks as always to the great guys who read and advise
warm regards
Brian


Read the full thread at metalworkforums.com...


0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor