Mounting router on insert plate.

mercredi 30 septembre 2015

Hi,
Firstly I am not a regular router user but admit they are handy at times. Many years ago I bought a plastic insert plate intending to build a table for it. Back then I had a router mounted in the wing of a Ryobi table saw so never got around to it. Since that table saw left the shed I have got by with a small bench top table (shamefully admit it came from Aldi)but that is a chore to clear a space and clamp it down when required. I dont have space for a stand alone router table so I decided it was time to use that insert plate and mount it in the wing of the current table saw. The switch box from the aldi table will be recycled too.
A snag soon appeared when I took the base plate to mark out the screw holes on the insert. The blurb says ''fits most routers'' but then mine is not most I guess. The screws would have been almost on the lip of the large hole so would have been a long ways from secure. I had already routed out a hole in the table wing. After an attack of the swear bears it was head scratching time. I rummaged my pile of odd bits and bobs that never get thrown away looking for material to use. No aluminum plate so that idea was out. It was then time to have a close look at the router base to look for secure ways to mount things to it. The fence bars run through the base and look very secure so I figured they could hold things together.
I had a bit of ally angle so that got made into brackets. The whole thing has worked out well and is very secure as the screws are larger than the base plate screws. Easier than finding longer screws for the base plate also.
Now I just have a fence to build.
Regards
John
Attached Images


0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor