Old Hafco 14" tyre slipping

lundi 28 septembre 2015

Just bought myself an old second-hand hafco 14" bandsaw (my first).

I'm trying to find out the model name it seems like a Hafco BP-14A - but I've noticed a few different pictures of these is there a particular sub-model number for this one (there's no model number on the machine there is a serial number).

hafco14Inch.jpg

Is it the same as the hafco 14A W403 and this is the manual http://ift.tt/1MUhUyS ?

Is it made by these guys: Hare & Forbes http://ift.tt/QldNjF

I've aligned the blade and it turns fine by hand, but after 30 seconds of running the tyre on the top wheel slips off the back and jams up the motor (I've done this twice) with a smell of burnt rubber.

I searched and seems like I could try gluing it (wondering what the best glue is) worried how I might get the glue off if I want to change to a new tyre?

The other option seems to be to get new tyres. Where can I get new tyres from online and how do I get the right size.

As it is my first bandsaw I can't promise that I have the tension right for both tries where the tyre has slipped off, but its not loose

The old tyre had lots of cracks on the edge. The blade is obviously old might need a need one of these too (plan to rip <2mm thick pieces from Australian hardwood floorboards)
hafco Old Tyre.jpg


Anyone have any suggestions thanks?
Attached Images


0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor