Up in smoke

mardi 29 septembre 2015

This request for a solution requires some metalwork ideas.

I think we all want to be good friends with neighbours, especially when they request that I refrain from lighting my back yard open fire. What?....I love having an open fire, it's cozy and warm especially with a glass or two of medicine, and I love the smell of burning wood.

My neighbour is 200 feet west of me over my back fence, and complained that the smoke was getting into his house. He also complained of me splitting logs at eleven at night. That's fair enough, I shall comply with that request.

Back to the smoke, is it possible to draw off the smoke and run it through a water bath or something to make it less offensive?

My open fire is a metal tray 600 long x 300 wide x 100 deep on legs.

Twelve months ago the local council wrote to me to say I was burning off rubbish in my back yard, now I know where the complaint came from.

Whilst talking to him this arvo, I forgot to mention his bloody dogs that bark at nothing. An opportunity missed.

I am thinking that I should put up a weather vane and only light the fire when a westerly is blowing.

PS, I have inherited a dead wallnut tree with enough wood to last me for several years, it splits beautifully.

Any ideas?

Ken


Read the full thread at metalworkforums.com...


0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor